Arena Health & Fitness Club
The Arena Health and Fitness Club is a prestigious Club open to Hotel Guests and Members. We aim to make your time in our leisure club enjoyable while our team of trained health professionals help you reach your personal fitness goals.
Updated Procedures & Services
We are delighted to announce that the pool & gyms are open for your enjoyment.
Throughout this time, we have listened to the best advice and have been working very hard behind the scenes to re-open our club safely for you and our staff.
As we all get used to the ‘new normal’, we have made changes on how we operate, and we wanted to let you know what to expect when using the Arena Health & Fitness Club.
- Guest & member numbers will be limited in each area at any one time.
- There will be social distancing markers on entry to and throughout the Arena.
- All sessions must be pre-booked. Each session is one hour long. After each session, all areas will be closed for 15 minutes for sanitisation.
- All sessions for the pool & gym can be pre booked via this link - Click here to book The Arena Health & Leisure Club
- Essential for contact tracing purposes, all guests and members must check in at the Arena reception desk.
- Guest & member’s temperature will be taken on arrival by our team and recorded. Please note guests or members displaying a temperature of 38°C+, will unfortunately not be allowed to use the facilities.
- Changing facilities will only be available for guests & member using the pool only. Each guest /member or family will be assigned a bench and lockers in the changing area. We ask that you keep to your designated area only.
- Shower facilities will be available on a rinse down basis only. We ask that hotel residents shower in their bedrooms.
- Gym users are asked to come ready and leave the facility immediately after use. Showers not available for gym users in phase one.
- Classes will not be operating in phase one.
- The sauna, steam room and jacuzzi will remain closed at this time in line with Covid-19 restrictions.
- The pool is reserved for over 70’s only, Monday to Friday from 10.15am-11.15am
- Children’s pool times are between 9.00am-7.00pm daily. These sessions must be prebooked.
- All guests & members must wear flipflops or pool shoes when walking on deck of the pool.
- There will be no spectator area available at this time.
- Towels will be provided at Arena reception on request.
- Swim hats must be worn by all users and are available for sale at the Arena reception for €3.00
- There will be a walking lane, a swimming lane and a free-swim area in operation at all times.
- We ask that all guests & members adhere to social distancing guidelines while in the Arena Health & Fitness Club.
If you have any further questions or require further assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact the Arena Health & Fitness Club on +353 1 8450222, or by email at email@example.com and from the hotel extension 510.
For more information on the COVID-19 measures & procedures of the Grand Hotel, please click here.
Each year we achieve our industry’s highest award, in 2018-2019 we were awarded the Ireland Active National Quality Standard Award at Outstanding level and were voted in the top 3 leisure clubs in Ireland.
In 2019 we were delighted to announce that Arena Health & Fitness Club has been awarded the NUTRAMINO® Hotel Gym Facility of the Year 2019 Winner We assure you of our total commitment to continuing to operate to the best national standards.
- 21 metes long, 12 metres wide
- Bubble Pool
- Toddler Pool
- Supervised by a qualified Lifeguard
- 8 person capacity
- 10 person capacity
- Adjacent showers
- 10 person capacity
- Adjacent showers
- Sprung floor
- Integrated sound system
- Spin Bikes
- Boxing bag, pads and mitts
- Ancillary studio equipment
- A full suite of Cardio equipment to suit all needs
- Functional rig with Rip 60 and Revil Pro
- Resistance Machines
- Free weights
- Qualified Gym trainers always on site
Strength and Functional Gym
- Extensive range of Strength equipment
- Power racks and platforms
- Plateloaded resistance equipment
- Functional fitness area
- and more...
6.30am to 10.00pm (Children to 7.00pm) Monday to Friday
*Please note we close the pool 30 mins before close and the gyms 15mins before close
For class timetables, gym & pool facilities please check The Arena website
As well as being open to Hotel guests, the Arena operates a Club for Members. If you would like information on the Club please call 01-8450222 or download our current information here.
The Physio Company
We are delighted to welcome The Physio Company, Ireland’s largest Chartered Physiotherapy & Sports Injury provider to the ground floor of the Arena Health and Fitness Centre. Please click here for more details on the physiotherapy services, fees and opening hours in the clinic.